This place is very famous for photographers, but there is enough space around the tree to get a good spot. The Wanaka Lakeview Holiday Park is very close. The tree can be reached within 10min by food.
This photo spot is located public and can be accessed 24/7.
- Location: Wanaka, New Zealand
- GPS Position: 44°41’54.2″S 169°07’03.1″E
- Time: Sunrise
- Access: Public place / 24h
For this shot I used my Canon EOS 5D Mark III and the Canon EF24-70mm f/2.8L II USM lens.
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III camera
- Canon EF24-70mm f/2.8L II USM lens
- Manfrotto befree tripod
- Focal length: 24 mm
- Aperture: f/8.0
- Time: 1/4 s
- ISO: 100
- be early to setup right, as place is very crowded
- use a stable tripod for the best results
- each season will give you a different feeling