The Wanaka Tree is very famous among photographers, but it’s also a must see in Wanaka even if you’re not taking pictures. There is enough space around the tree to get a good spot for everyone.
The Wanaka Lakeview Holiday Park is close-by, where you can stay the night. From there the Wanaka tree can be reached within 10 min by foot. This photo spot is public and can be accessed 24/7.
- Location: Wanaka, New Zealand
- GPS Position: 44°41’54.2″S 169°07’03.1″E
- Time: Sunrise
- Access: Public place / 24h
- be early to setup how you want, as the place can get crowded
- use a stable tripod for the best results
- each season will give you a different feeling