To get a good view over Vernazza, you have to walk up the mountain. The path leads from the center through many small alleys via a beaten track to the photo spot. It’s not hard to find. Since the ideal spot only has space for some photographers, you should be there early depending on the season and weather.
This photo spot is located at a public trail and can be accessed 24/7.
- Location: Vernazza, Italy
- GPS Position: 44°08’03.3″N 9°41’04.8″E
- Time: Sunset
- Access: Public place / 24h
For this shot I used my Canon EOS 5D Mark III and the Canon EF16-35mm f/2.8L III USM lens with five brackets. In post-processing I used three brackets from different times, one for the foreground, one for the light on the Colosseum and one for the sky.
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III camera
- Canon EF16-35mm f/2.8L III USM lens
- Manfrotto befree tripod
- Focal length: 19 mm
- Aperture: f/5.6
- Time: 10 s
- ISO: 100
- be early at location, as there is only limited space
- use a stable tripod for the best results