Stokksnes is a beautiful location, which is easily accessible from the Ring Road. The piece of land is private, therefore you are required to pay entry fee (as of October 2020: 800 ISK) at the Viking Café. If the café is closed, you can buy your ticket via a vending machine directly at the entry to the Viking Café. You can scan the entry ticket to pass the barrier with your car.
This location is at any weather condition and any time wonderful for photography but take the right clothes. The wind can be very strong and cold.
- Location: Stokksnes, Iceland
- GPS Position: 64°14’51.4″N 14°58’44.9″W
- Time: Golden hour
- Access: 24/7 / 800 ISK entry costs
- Drones: no restrictions
- wind resistent clothes
- heavy tripod, the wind might be very strong
- golden hour brings the perfect glow
- Check weather forecast before going
- Search for the puddles to take pictures with the reflecting Mountain