Amazing wonder of nature, but heavily to access. You can access the road towards Racetrack Valley from the Ubehebe Crater in the North. But then the adventure begins. The unpaved road down to Racetrack Valley is painful for your shock absorber. For those 26 miles you will need two hours, so take your time.
This photo spot is located on a public place and can be accessed 24/7. But please, do not enter the racetrack if it is wet, otherwise you will destroy this beautiful nature and leave footprints for hundreds of years.
- Location: Death Valley National Park, Nevada
- GPS Position: 36°39’57.1″N 117°33’53.2″W
- Time: morning/afternoon
- Access: Public place / 24h
For this shot I used my Canon EOS 5D Mark II and the Canon EF17-40mm f/4L USM lens.
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III camera
- Canon EF17-40mm f/4L USM lens
- Focal length: 17.0 mm
- Aperture: f/13.0
- Time: 1/320 s
- ISO: 100
- make photo from a very position, but high enough to see the movement
- don’t walk on the racetrack, if it is wet
- don’t drive with your car on the “racetrack”