Another crowded photo spot, which is worth to wake up early. The view on the majestic Potala Palace is just stunning.
But this location doesn’t offer much space, therefore be around one hour before sunrise to get space to place your tripod. I was 30 min before sunrise and I had to settle for a less than optimal position. I had to wait until the first photographers left their space to get a better position.
This photo spot is located public and can be accessed 24/7.
- Location: Lhasa, Tibet (China)
- GPS Position: 29°39’08.1″N 91°06’54.1″E
- Time: Sunrise
- Access: Public place / 24h
For this shot I used my Canon EOS 5D Mark III and the Canon EF17-40mm f/4L USM lens. I did just some color correction in RAW.
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III camera
- Canon EF17-40mm f/4L USM lens
- Manfrotto befree tripod
- Focal length: 17 mm
- Aperture: f/11.0
- Time: 1/125 s
- ISO: 100
- be very early on this spot, otherwise you will not get any spot
- use a stable tripod for the best results
- stay from start of blue hour until sun rise