What a great and calm place. If you see the sun going down at this place, while hearing the silence of nature. Just amazing. There is no special position in Dead Vlei. There are so many beautiful trees and perspectives from you can choose. Be creative.
To be able to stay a bit longer in the park, make sure that you stay in the Sossus Dune Lodge. In this case you can start your tour one hour before sunrise and end one hour after sunset. But keep in mind that Dead Vlei is around 60km from the Lodge and the last few kilometers are only accessible with an 4×4 vehicle and lower speed.
- Location: Namib Naukluft National Park, Namibia
- GPS Position: 24°45’32.9″S 15°17’31.4″E
- Time: sunrise, sunset
- Access: 4×4 vehicle necessary / normal permit is between sunrise and sunset / staying at NWR camping or lodge give you access between 1 hour before sunrise to 1 hour after sunset / night photography: special permit to be organized upfront
For this shot I used my Canon EOS 5D Mark III and the Canon EF16-35mm f/2.8L III USM lens.
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III camera
- Canon EF16-35mm f/2.8L III USM lens
- Focal length: 35.0 mm
- Aperture: f/5.6
- Time: 1/200 s
- ISO: 250
- sunrise or sunset
- take a big bottle of water with you