After our visit of the Colosseum we went to this location. A perfect place for portraits and selfies with the majestic Colosseum in the background. This location can easily be reached via the underground entry on the north side of the Colosseum. Just go up the stairs and you will arrive directly at the Via Nicola Salvi. This place is very crowded during the day, so plan a bit time for your shots.
This photo spot is located at a public street and can be accessed 24/7.
- Location: Rome, Italy
- GPS Position: 41°53’29.0″N 12°29’30.1″E
- Time: all day
- Access: Public place / 24h
For this shot I used my Canon EOS 5D Mark III and the Canon EF35mm f/1.4L II USM lens. With the big open aperture of this lens, you can get a nice wide angle with a beautiful blur in the background.
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III camera
- Canon EF35mm f/1.4L II USM lens
- Focal length: 35 mm
- Aperture: f/1.4 – f/2.2
- Time: ~ 1/3200 s
- ISO: 100
- beautiful light conditions in spring and autumn during the day
- take your time, as this place is very crowded
- use lens with wide angle and open aperture